Friday, February 26, 2010

Ode to The Homeless Man and His Bear


I see you every day, every morning, every evening and every night. I do not know you. But you have become part of my life. Perhaps I am only a human to you but, you are the guy with the sweet bear to me.
You do not seem to have a house.
I see you every morning. I want to stop and say: "Can I bring you some bread and cheese and Salami?" But my unconscious tells me "shame on you. Have some respect for this guy. Do not make him feel even worse." After I pass you, my conscious answers: "Shame on you couldn't you just owe a second of your day to someone that is part of your life?"
I see you every Evening. I want to invite you for a warm dinner, perhaps with some wine and a nice music. But then my unconscious says: "Are you sure?" My conscious answers: "aren't you?" Then I am lost in this debate that it is already late for any sort of dinner.
I see you every night. I want to ask you to sleep a night at my place. Perhaps, it would be warm and possibly your bear can sleep on my carpet. Then my unconscious says: "You hardly have a place for yourself!"My conscious too tired to reply. The day ends with the victory of my unconscious. Like every other day.
Image:http://www.metapedia.com/wiki/images/BANKSY-beggar-m.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment